Every Sunday of every month
15th May 2013
Everest base camp Challenge
Congratulations to Maria Riley in completing her challenge in making it to Everest Base Camp.
The picture above is from the LA Cup which was played at Cobham.
RESULTS FROM FIXTURES FOR THE AMPUTEE FOOTBALL LEAGUE THAT TOOK PLACE
AT FELTHAM COMMUNITY COLLEGE, BROWELLS LANE, FELTHAM, TW13 7EF.
12PM – 4PM SATURDAY 27TH APRIL 2013.
LA SPURS 1 v London amps 0
LA SPURS 2 v Manchester amps 1
Nathan r, Lloyd c,
LA SPURS 2 v Oxford city amps 0
Nathan r, Dean h,
Captain Dean Heffer celebrates after scoring Feltham goal
There is Amputee football available in different parts of the country including:
- East Anglia
- Nottingham (contact Bhupen on 07554006696)
- Swindon (contact Allan Minns on 07876621364 email email@example.com)
For more details, please contact our Sports officer Dean Heffer at firstname.lastname@example.org
North London Amps – a new amputee football team in North London
Have a look at this website:- www.londonamps.co.uk
Dean Heffer of the Limbless Association already runs a successful amputee session on Sunday mornings in Wandsworth, so this new session is intended to complement it with a weekday evening in North London. Some players will be playing in both, and there will be teams from both entered in the Middlesex County League at Ruislip.
The North London Amps will train weekly at:
N19 4RS (near Archway tube and Upper Holloway rail)
Seesions take place between 5 PM and 6 PM on Friday evenings. Both single and double leg amputees are welcome, whether you play on crutches or use your prostheses. Two-legged, one-armed goalkeepers are also more than welcome, because this is a session run by the England Amputee Football Association, and the game we aspire to play is the internationally recognised version of amputee football, which looks like this:
This session will be the local pathway for anyone based inside and around the M25 who is interested in playing for Great Britain as we push to become a paralympic sport:
For more information and results from the National Amputee Football League, please visit www.theEAFA.co.uk
Other contacts for areas
- Home Counties – email Peter Monk: homecounties@theEAFA.co.uk
- North West – email Ant Mitchell: lancs&mesey@theEAFA.co.uk
- Manchester – email Sean Kelly: manc@theEAFA.co.uk
- Midlands – email Tyrone Welcome: midlands@theEAFA.co.uk
- South Wales- email Kris Morgan: southwales@theEAFA.co.uk
- Yorkshire – email Tom Jordan: yorkshire@theEAFA.co.uk
- London & Oxfordshire – email James Catchpole:london@theEAFA.co.uk
- South West – email Marc Wyatt: southwest@theEAFA.co.uk