Limb Loss Legal Panel
. 0800 644 0186
0800 644 0185
Clarke Willmott LLP
Clarke Willmott LLP is a national law firm with offices in Bristol, Birmingham, Cardiff, Taunton, Southampton, London and Manchester.
With 4 offices in the south of England we are well placed to cover this area in its entirety.
It’s personal injury and clinical negligence departments are ranked by both Chambers and Legal 500 in the South West and Somerset. It works on a no win, no fee basis and offers a free, without obligation consultation by telephone or in person. The practice also has close links with leading experts in the fields of:-
- Rehabilitation (counselling, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, equipment adaptations to home and case management for example);
- Prosthetic provision for multiple activites;
- Architecture, to assess the suitability of your current home and if need be suitability of a new adapted property; and
- Barristers with special expertise in acting for amputees.
Clarke Willmott has decades of experience of representing both lower and upper limb amputees following accidents at work or out and about, motorcycle and other road traffic accidents and clinical/medical negligence.
- failure to diagnose meningitis, Stephen Trump, partner in the department is a trustee of Meningitis Research Foundation;
- poor management of pressure sores in a diabetic patient;
- failure to remove a thrombosis from an artery which led to damage to the circulation;
- damage to the femoral artery during arterial bypass surgery to treat peripheral vascular disease;
- delay in treating infection following wrist fracture causing loss of median nerve and subsequent mid forearm amputation; and
- delay in diagnosing and treating a false aneurysm which arose following angiography.
For more details, click here to be taken to the Clarke Willmott website.
Amputation Training Days
We have held amputation training days for those working in the amputation field in 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016. Short videos of our 2012 and 2014 events can be seen here: